Seasonal Affective Disorder- (SAD) is a type of depression that’s related to changes in season- SAD begins and ends about the same times every year. If you’re like most people SAD start in the fall and continue into the winter months, sapping your energy and making you feel moody.
How to cope with seasonal depression :
1) Lighten up – If lack of sunlight is the problem try a light box for your office or home.
2) Exercise walking or jogging or learning to swim in the fall (aerobics exercise) boost serotonin in the brain.
3) Laugh a little with friends, texts, calls or a funny movie
4) Step outside a few times a day, spend at least 30 minutes a day outside in cold winter months. Take nature walks with a group of people looking at changing leaves also helps serotonin to release in the brain.
5) My favorite Rub it away that’s right get a Massage and just relax this also helps release serotonin in the brain.
Side Note: I know lots of times we want a buddy a close friend but if we wait for someone else to help us even a family member to pull us out and getting us moving in the right direction. We maybe waiting along time.
I tell myself all the time I AM MY OWN CHEERLEADER!! Really when it’s all said and done all you really got is JESUS and You..