I thank God that I can see me coming through.. Yall just don’t know it’s been along hard road.. I stayed in the valley longer than I should have.. but God didn’t give up on me, He just let me wonder around lost until I decided to return home.. that’s the great thing about God.. He said he would never leave us or forsake us and He meant it (Joshua 1:5)(Matthew 28:20)..
I felt like I would never see me again.. but the devil is a lie.. because when I hear things that come out of my mouth.. I know I’m here and I’m back in full force..
I’m learning everything happens for a reason.. I know that I have a chemical imbalance and I feel that has a lot to do with my depression which is unfortunately something that’s apart of my life.. so that I can help others.. but it was never meant for me to live in it.. does that mean I won’t have days where I will want to lock the world, family and friends out, no of course I will.. will there be days that I cried, yes.. but I will no longer ask why me God.. but instead why not me.. it’s okay to have those days but it’s how we handle them that counts..
Have a Depression Survival Kit ready
- Your Bible
- Pray your favorite scriptures
- Have a pick me up friend.. someone who makes you laugh..
- Get up wash your hair, shower, and brush your teeth..
- Walk to the front door open it and breathe in and out..
- Listen to upbeat music.. for me I love gospel rap..
- Eat at least one well balanced meal..
- Do something nice for someone else.. to take your mind off of you..
- Curl up in your favorite throw.. and catch up on reading blog post..
- Rest, regroup and know it’s okay to feel the way you do.. Tomorrow is gonna be a great day..
What are some of your depression survival tools that you use.. feel free to share them in the comment box..